Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost ntlworld.com email

stokiejoe
On our wavelength

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help please.

When I renewed my virgin media account in August I asked them to change my log in email, which they did. However in doing so they seem to have stopped me accessing it! I have got into the website but don't remember the  password. I asked virgin to resurrect it and send me a temp password which they said they would but I believe they were fobbing me off as had been proven.

I have Ben able to get any emails  forwarded on but would prefer to be able to access it directly. I have tried the email tester but as suspected it shows @ntlworld.com emails as not valid, even those I know are 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stokiejoe wrote:

I have tried the email tester but as suspected it shows @ntlworld.com emails as not valid, even those I know are 

In recent times many email checker / verifier websites have stopped checking email addresses on major public email domains for privacy reasons which may be why you are not seeing a positive result. One that still does verify ntlworld and other VM domain addresses is https://cleantalk.org/email-checker 

I have just checked that by entering my ntlworld.com and virginmedia.com addresses and they both came up as "Real". (That is Cleantalk's way of saying valid).

If you try your VM email addresses in the Cleantalk checker and any come up as "Fake", (i.e. invalid), then, on the face of it, it means those email accounts have been deleted.  Edited to add, when you close a VM broadband account VM allow you 90 days use of associated VM email accounts before deleting them so on the face of it VM should not have deleted you email accounts yet.That suggest something-else is going on.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) will contact you via this thread in the next day or so and should be able to check this.

However if the email account really has been deleted I suspect the address is unrecoverable but the Forum Team will be able to advise on that.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stokiejoe,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to the Forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're having some problems with your email address. So we can look into this further, I'm going to send you a private message. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ