cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my virgin.net mail account

Phil1232
Joining in

Hello , 3 days ago I just couldn’t access my virgin.net emails .

ive had the account for over 20 years so have so much important work and personal things on it.

im totally at a loss what to do .

Has anyone got any ideas,

thanks 

15 REPLIES 15

'HI , I was never informed that my account would ever be removed , why was my email account closed in the first place '

yes you were. as with any isp it is in the terms and conditions when you signed up that the customer loses access to an email account when they leave. with virgin it is meant to be 90 days, but they aren't good at keeping on top of that.

the reality is that although the email service is 'free' for customers it still costs money to run. current customers are in effect paying for former customers to have an active email address. never use an isp email address. i learnt that hard lesson 20 years ago with aol. once i cancelled, all emails lost. 

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services - under D6. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Phil1232, unfortunately we cannot reactivate your email inbox, once the account has been deleted, we are no longer able to restore access to the mailbox.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi , well it was reactivated last time surely it must be somewhere 

Also why was my account deleted in the first place without any warning.

i need to take this further 

please advise whom I should contact  

regards  philip Maguire 

@Phil1232 I can hazard a guess (and it is only speculation) that last time, your login account had been disabled in preparation for its deletion along with the mailbox itself. This time it looks as if the process has been completed and now your mailbox and all of the mail within it has been deleted from the system entirely - in effect there's nothing there to reinstate.

Now where VM have been very lax is in not cleaning up these old legacy mailboxes ages ago and allowing them to linger on only to be pulled during some periodic cleanup. Worse though, they should have made it crystal clear to you last time, that this was purely a temporary reprieve and that it could go again at any point.

There is, alas, nobody you can contact, it can't go any further - VM have actually not legally done anything wrong.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I find it dificult to understand why anyone should expect a free email service indefinitely, after they have left the company that run it.

Loyalty works both ways. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for coming back to us @Phil1232, the last we were able to do this as the mailbox was still available unfortunately, this time your mail address will have been removed from the system.

We will not be able to return your mailbox to service this time as advised on Friday.

Regards,

Steven_L