cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my virgin.net email access this morning despite being a current VM customer as told would continue

Paulmedlycott
Tuning in

Can anyone help please.

My access to my virgin.net email access was withdrawn this morning, without notice, despite being assured when renewing my VM package my access to them would remain (which was a primary reason and essence of the contract). 

My payment profile is up to date and robust.

I am anxious to have access reinstated ASAP as this is the email address used on a daily basis and essential for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulmedlycott wrote:

Thank you for your swift reply.  The message I receive when trying to log into my email is "Your mailbox is not available.......try again in an hour" 

That means it will need a password reset to unlock the account.  If you cannot do it from your VM account you could try resetting the password directly from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Just enter your full virgin.net address as the username and follow the prompts.

If that does not work, it will need attention from VM.

Post back with how you get on resetting the password and whether that unlocks the account,

Because you have explained that you are still a VM Broadband customer, the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to help you if necessary. If you are still stuck after trying the link I have posted here I will escalate this thread for their attention.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulmedlycott wrote:

My access to my virgin.net email access was withdrawn this morning, without notice,

What error message are you seeing when you try to access the account? If it is the "Your mailbox is not available.......try again in an hour" it means that VM have temporarily  locked the account because they have detected an issue with it. That can often be resolved by resetting the password to a completely new password.

They have posted advice how to do that here :  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

If when you try to access the account you are getting a different error message then post it here.

It would also be useful to know whether that virgin.net address is shown in your "My Virgin Media" account under either of the "My Profile" or "Manage Accounts" tabs.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Hello

Thank you for your swift reply.  The message I receive when trying to log into my email is "Your mailbox is not available.......try again in an hour"  however, when I try to log into the VM account, I get the following message "We're really sorry but the offers and promotions on our site are no longer available to Virgin Media National customers, due to the move to TalkTalk"

This is from my original account where I have used the virgin.net for over a decade but I have a different VM account where my monthly direct debit is taken.

The virgin.net is shown under my profile.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks

Same errors began yesterday in mail apps and webmail same error message.

Get it sorted VM your service is getting worse!!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Paulmedlycott wrote:

Thank you for your swift reply.  The message I receive when trying to log into my email is "Your mailbox is not available.......try again in an hour" 

That means it will need a password reset to unlock the account.  If you cannot do it from your VM account you could try resetting the password directly from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password  Just enter your full virgin.net address as the username and follow the prompts.

If that does not work, it will need attention from VM.

Post back with how you get on resetting the password and whether that unlocks the account,

Because you have explained that you are still a VM Broadband customer, the VM Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) should be able to help you if necessary. If you are still stuck after trying the link I have posted here I will escalate this thread for their attention.

Coenoby

Dear Coenoby

Thank you for your swift, clear and concise communication. I followed the instructions and am delighted that all my emails have returned.

Your help is really appreciated and you have saved me a considerable amount of inconvenience.

Kind regards

Paul M

Thanks for the update @Paulmedlycott, we're pleased to hear this has been resolved for you

Excellent work @coenoby, thanks again for your help in making this board a helpful arena!

Kindest regards,

David_Bn