cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost emails

bsmith10
Joining in

Help please... My husband has lost all of his emails.

He only accesses his emails through apps on his phone and tablet and never uses myvirginmedia.  His phone has done an update today and all his emails have been lost.  I thought that it may be the app, but they are not on myvirginmedia when we accessed it this evening.  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In webmail make sure all folders are subscribed to by:

1. select ⚙ > Settings > ▸ Email > Change IMAP subscriptions
  2. select  to expand folder views until all are visible
  3. confirm that all are folders are selected ()
  4. select Email (located top left) and then press Ctrl + Shift + R to refresh page
  5. check those folders selected in step 4 for the missing emails

If the emails still cannot be located then regrettably they are unrecoverable.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bsmith10,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having some issues with his emails! We can understand how frustrating this can be.

I can see that @用心棒 has been able to advise you on some further steps to try to resolve this issue. Can you tell us if this has worked and helped you recover your emails?

Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help with this going forward. We're here if you need us.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs