cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/deleted emails and folders

Judy22
Joining in

My email data (folders and emails) are missing from my email account set up 19 years ago. 

When I log in it diverts to the content of a new account (which I was asked to create by a Virgin Media engineer when installing a broadband account at a new address).  I do not need this new email address and it contains none of my data and original emails.

I have contacted the tech support line (150) many times to ask them to restore the original data to my email account.  Several times they told me their technical team would get in touch within 3-5 working days but I never hear back from them.

I am desperate to get the contents of my original email reinstated.  Having tried your tech support team without success, I have no idea who to contact at Virgin Media in order to fix this problem.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What happens when you sign in here, https://mail2.virginmedia.com,  using your original account's details?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Sololobo
Superstar

@Judy22 wrote:

My email data (folders and emails) are missing from my email account set up 19 years ago. 

When I log in it diverts to the content of a new account (which I was asked to create by a Virgin Media engineer when installing a broadband account at a new address).  I do not need this new email address and it contains none of my data and original emails.

Virgin Media should have suggested a "move and transfer" of your old account to your new address at the time of your move. Your old email address should still be available, providing you are still within the 90 days cut off period, and VM should still be able to do a move and transfer for you.

{REF: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/transfer-email-address-from-old-broadband-account-to-new-...}

I have contacted the tech support line (150) many times to ask them to restore the original data to my email account.  Several times they told me their technical team would get in touch within 3-5 working days but I never hear back from them.

I am desperate to get the contents of my original email reinstated.  Having tried your tech support team without success, I have no idea who to contact at Virgin Media in order to fix this problem.

Can anyone help?

Hopefully one of the official VM forum staff members will see your post and contact you to make the arrangements

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Judy22,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have lost your email folders to an email you have diverted from an old address, I have tried to locate you on our system however wasn't able, when was the account where the email address was from last active, did you move straight over to a new account or was there a gap where you had no Virgin Media Services?

Regards

Paul.