cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to virgin.net emails

Steveowen1974
Tuning in

need help ASAP. I seem to have lost Virgin.net email address which I have used for 15-20 years. 
I was unable to send emails so deleted account on iPhone and reinstalled as I was told to do this last time it happened but now I’m unable to get any emails back. 

23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

cant understand why i cant get my e mails -they must be somewhere there in the ether !!!

@Anonymous 

It’s a bit vague as to what the issue is. Firstly are we talking about a Virgin.net address, secondly are you a current VM broadband customer?

If the answer to the latter is yes, then if you log into the my.virginmedia.com portal with your main broadband account details, then is the email address in question listed as being properly associated with it, either as the primary address or a secondary address?

Anonymous
Not applicable
not sure im a bit green on internet issues -my e mails just stopped coming i was with virgin for about 20 years and now my internet is sky just stopped with no notice!!!!

edwardo,

This was posted earlier in the thread and appears to apply to you 

"..You do need to have an active broadband account is order to use the email service, this is usually removed 90 after leaving us.

Sometimes if the email address is in constant use it can be missed. We do go through and do a clean up and as such, any email address no longer associated with an active account are deleted and removed.

Alex_Rm...."

A forum team member may pick up your post and help, but it appears that your email address has been deleted..

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you - so it appears some of my important e mails are lost forever and there is no way to get them to transfer to another e mail account?

Thanks for your post @Anonymous,

I'd be happy to take a look into this for you, but I can't make any promises that this will be successful

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Joanne_Sm
Joining in

Hi,

Like many people on the thread - I lost access to my virgin.net email I'd had for 20 plus years overnight, without warning at the end of October.  I logged the fault with virgin media team, and when I rang to check progress yesterday, was told that they shouldn't have logged a fault, and it was a talk talk problem, as they 'sold my e-mail' six years ago... yet when I've spoken to Talk Talk they say that it's not them!

I'm desperate to access my e-mail again, even just for a week, so I can do a managed transfer to a new e-mail provider, any ideas about how I might go about it?!?  So many services require you to confirm an updated e-mail address by clicking  on a link they send to your previous e-mail - It's just a complete nightmare!

I don't have services with virgin media as they don't provide services in my area. I'd happily purchase something if it would help restore my e-mail!!

Any advice, suggestions really gratefully received.

Joanne

@Joanne_Sm it really is dispiriting to hear that, even now, the (fairly useless) VM offshore customer service staff are still repeating the outright lie misunderstanding that TalkTalk have anything whatsoever to do with the Virgin.net accounts.

I’m going to be honest with you and state that the likelihood is that the email address has now been deleted and as such the mailbox itself (even if it does still exist), is thus inaccessible. Really, your mailbox should have been deleted years ago, but VM have been historically lax in doing this until it suddenly gets swept up in a periodic cleanup.

What I will do is to escalate this to a member of the forum team who will offer to contact you by direct message and liaise with the IT team, but I have to reiterate, I don’t think the chances are high that it can be reinstated- worth a shot though.

John

Hi @Joanne_Sm thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you've lost access to your virgin.net email address.  I would like to take a closer look at this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply - means a lot!

I was so frustrated with the service I received - from my research I knew the Talk Talk line wasn't true, but they repeated it to me for 40 minutes!

Joanne