cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost access to virgin.net email

doclim
Tuning in

Hi I cannot gain access to my virgin.net emails. I have an active virginmedia broadband contract but this virgin.net email was created long before I took out the contract and was therefore not linked to it.

Using the https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media link only tells me that my emails are unavailable repeatedly. I dont mind if the account has been deleted but have fears that it was hacked and someone may be using it and pretending to be me.

I tried ringing the helpline a few months back but the person could not confirm that the account was completely deleted. Who might be able to help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@doclim wrote:

I tried ringing the helpline a few months back but the person could not confirm that the account was completely deleted.

You could check that yourself by sending a test message to your virgin.net address from one of your other email accounts.

If you get an error message back that says the message could not be delivered because the address is unknown that means the account has been deleted.

However, I suspect that you will get no response back.

The reason I say that is because when VM "delete" an email account they seem to just remove access to the webmail account but leave the mailbox itself still live and accepting emails.

Who might be able to help me?

If you don't get a non delivery message back then one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange for the email to be fully deleted for you.

One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@doclim wrote:

I tried ringing the helpline a few months back but the person could not confirm that the account was completely deleted.

You could check that yourself by sending a test message to your virgin.net address from one of your other email accounts.

If you get an error message back that says the message could not be delivered because the address is unknown that means the account has been deleted.

However, I suspect that you will get no response back.

The reason I say that is because when VM "delete" an email account they seem to just remove access to the webmail account but leave the mailbox itself still live and accepting emails.

Who might be able to help me?

If you don't get a non delivery message back then one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) can arrange for the email to be fully deleted for you.

One of them will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @doclim,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your virgin.net email. We want to do our best to look into this. In this case, I have sent you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @doclim,

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hi! Sorry, busy time! Are you able to help?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi doclim, sorry to hear you haven't had time to look into this with us. Please, expect my private message shortly, we can then take it from there and I'll help out with this email issue.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team