cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of virgin.net email after 13 years of use, having to leave VM as no service was available

ginaclarke
Joining in

I moved to Cambridgeshire from Wiltshire in 2009 and had to leave Virgin Media as they didn't provide a service where I lived.

Today on 6th January 2022 I have suddenly no access to my virgin.net email after 13 years of using it daily. There was no warning that I'd loose it and I'm sufficiently compromised from a number of perspectives and need help to get it accessible again as all my medical issues with hospitals are using that email. I'm a disabled 73 year old and cannot cope without having notice that this is happening.      

Any help or ideas that could get my virgin.net re-installed would be very welcomed.

Many thanks,     Gina        New email= [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @ginaclarke,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issues on our forums.

I'm really sorry that you have lost access to your email account, the access should have been removed 90 days after your services were disconnected but some email accounts were missed off and have been left open. We have recently been doing checks for email accounts that aren't attached to active broadband accounts.

We maybe able to let you regain access to your email account but I would advise on changing your email contacts to a new email address going forward as the address maybe closed again.

I will send over a private message in a moment, so that we can confirm your address details and get this looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for all the information @ginaclarke, I have been able to locate your account and can see that your email account has been locked over the last few days.

I have raised this with our IT support team  and this can take up to 5 days to be fully resolved but is often done sooner.

I will be in touch as soon as I have an update from our support team.

Regards,

Steven_L

Many thanks, Gina

You're very welcome @ginaclarke and I will be in touch soon.

Regards,

Steven_L