cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of email messages

johnspage
Tuning in

I lose messages from my email IN BOX occasionally.  I think it is when I have a message open that has links that I am traversing.  When I return to the IN BOX, I find that the message has been lost - i.e no longer present in the list nor in any of the other folders.  If the message has important content this is a serious issue.  The message is retained in the right hand pane until the IN BOX list is accessed again (when the next message accessed is displayed).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnspage wrote:

I lose messages from my email IN BOX occasionally.  I think it is when I have a message open that has links that I am traversing.  When I return to the IN BOX, I find that the message has been lost

That sounds strange.

I have just sent a couple of test messages containing links to my ntlworld address but I could not reproduce what you are experiencing.

It would be useful to know the "View" and "Sort by" settings that you are using in webmail, (see images below). Post back with what you have ticked in those two drop downs.

If nothing else I could then try again using exactly the same settings as you and see if that throws any light on what is happening.

Coenoby

View settings.png  sort by settings.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnspage wrote:

I lose messages from my email IN BOX occasionally.  I think it is when I have a message open that has links that I am traversing.  When I return to the IN BOX, I find that the message has been lost

That sounds strange.

I have just sent a couple of test messages containing links to my ntlworld address but I could not reproduce what you are experiencing.

It would be useful to know the "View" and "Sort by" settings that you are using in webmail, (see images below). Post back with what you have ticked in those two drop downs.

If nothing else I could then try again using exactly the same settings as you and see if that throws any light on what is happening.

Coenoby

View settings.png  sort by settings.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Bottom of class.  You are right, sort by unread was set and the messages appear lower down.  Sorry for nuisance.

Thanks for reply.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@johnspage wrote:

You are right, sort by unread was set and the messages appear lower down.  Sorry for nuisance.

No nuisance at all, I'm only to pleased to help. And glad that my post helped you to solve the problem.

Coenoby