cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosing email after leaving VM

Andybuckers
Joining in

Im moving house and VM don’t provide a service at my new address. I’m out of contract. Spoke to VM today (took 40 minutes!) who said I can still access my old emails indefinitely after I have left. And just the email account Remains active and still can be used. Really confused because reading other information online contradicts this saying I can access my old emails up to 90 days than I loose the emails for good. What’s the truth! This must happen all the time to people! Thanks in advance!!!

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM offshore customer services often make it up as they go along. There don't seem to be any standards or quality control in place.

It's 90 days so do start switching over to Outlook or Gmail etc

See https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Keeping-email-address-if-leaving/td-p/4666685

Thanks you. Not good enough when you pay so much

Hi @Andybuckers,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that we're not currently available at your new home. As has been advised by @Anonymous and also detailed within our Terms & Conditions, any email address not linked with an activate broadband account would be deactivated permanently. This typically happens within 90 days of the services being disconnected.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you. That’s clear. 

could you also confirm please, as we are out of contract (April 22) is there still a 30 day notice period as the advisor advised us that the day we call to cease the service would the the day of disconnection so with immediate effect?

thanks again

You're welcome Andybuckers.

To confirm, there is still a 30 day notice period needed when cancel. 

^Martin