cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Delay receiving emails forwarded from 123.reg

agpvm
On our wavelength

(See also thread here: Long-Delay-receiving-emails - 4090443 )

I too am getting long delays, and even the occasional total failure with emails being forwarded from 123-reg to Virgin Media.

It appears that the reason is that Virgin Media have set a Limit of just 20 for the number of simultaneous connections that 123 can have to Virgin Media servers when sending/forwarding emails to them.  123 are very frequently exceeding this limit, causing their connections to be rejected.  Our messages then get delayed and  tried again later, and each time it fails the delay gets even longer.  So often messages aren't getting through for many hours.

Unfortunately Virgin Media are blaming 123 and 123 are blaming Virgin Media, with neither company passing the information on to the people who could actually resolve this.

Virgin Media's Limit of 20 is the default value - but they could increase it.  123 are exceeding the default value but could set their limit to 20 when sending to Virgin Media, or could just not back off for so long.

Here's part of an example of a rejection message:

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its
recipients after more than 6 hours on the queue on smtp12.mailcore.me.
The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:
host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.56.11]
Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
421 mx1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net mx1.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net
logid=SMTPRC 421 MXIN106 Parallel SessionLimit of 20 for your 94.136.40.149 exceeded. Retry later.
;id=PdHgiN4hD3aVY;sid=PdHgiN4hD3aVY;mta=mx1.tb;d=20191030;t=030028[CET];ipsrc=94.136.40.149;

Alan

134 REPLIES 134

agpvm
On our wavelength

But a note of warning - Last July VM were blocking all emails forwarded from gmail (as they blacklisted them)  - and not for the first time.    As anyone can easily get a gmail account - I guess gmail is a  big target for spammers so possibly often gets blacklisted. 

So I think this is far from a reliably solution!

Its now been at least 6 weeks since VM started refusing connections from 123 and still nothing has been done about it, nor has their been any feedback from VM about the issue.  Could we at least have an update please.

Alan

Valid point Alan. I only set up the Gmail relay as an experiment/quick fix whilst VM got round to fixing it properly.

I detailed it here mainly to help out the contributor who about the throw in the towel with VM to give him an interim fix.

I totally agree that we need an update on what VM are doing about resolving the problem properly. I think we all understand these issues come up now and then but they could do their reputation no end of good by actually communicating with us directly via this forum.

Bob

Sadly I suspect Virgin email will end up going the same way the free webspace did.

Gmail route is working for me at the moment, so more thanks to Bob for the suggestion.  Keeping copies on Gmail just in case (will delete periodically).

emailwoes
Tuning in

I was just changing my email password and I find it truly comical that the password can be a max of 10 characters and must only be letters or numbers, no symbols allowed.  Your email is the jackpot for hackers/fraudsters and this is VM's attitude towards password security.

Hi emailwoes,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you feel our password security isn't suitable. ensuring customer data is secure is of utmost importance to us and we continually invest in our security systems to keep our customers safe online.

In common with every other company, our login process requires customers to use unique passwords.  you can find out more here.

Kind regards

Paul.

Paul, Whilst you are here,

Please can you give us an update of what VM are doing about the fundamental problem with mail forwarding from 123 Reg.

Thanks

Bob

Hi Bob,

Thank you for coming back to me, I haven't had any updates recently, I will chase this up with one of my colleagues on Monday and get back to you.

Kind regards

Paul.

MaxMatter
Joining in

This issue is getting to be a deal breaker for me.  Can't be waiting these times or for failed emails!.  Something has to change. And what about all those who haven't stumbled on this thread and have no idea why there email is repeatedly stalled.

VM, please talk with 123 and get a resolution in place ASAP.

Regards,  Max

Hi MaxMatter, 

I can certainly appreciate the frustration that this may be causing. I would like to assure you that this is still being investigated with our support teams, however sadly on occasion some more complex issues can take some time to look into. 

I will get back to you as soon as we have a further update. 

Thanks

Lucy_B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules