In recent days, overtime I come back to my email, I have to log in again. Having logged in to Virgin Media, I then have to "log in" again to my email. This is so tedious. What is going on ? I used to stay logged in since I use the computer and mail frequently throughout the day.
It would be worth checking the settings in your email account if you have not already done so.
Click on the cog on the top right corner, then 'Settings' and then 'Basic settings'.
You will see the option to set the time period for automatic sign out. Make sure that it is set to the 'Off' option.
******************************* If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post. If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as an Accepted Solution.
This is probably caused by a network disconnect (timeout) between your PC and the webmail application on the VM server(s). Could be your computer/the VM router/the green box your cable is connected to/the VM webmail service/or anything in between.
As nobody else is currently complaining about this it is likely to be unique to your setup or connection.
1. Which browser are you using – some have the ability to specify the timeout period as a setting. Have you tried using another browser to determine if that behaves the same?
2. What domain is your address? (the bit after the @).
3. What device are you using to access email -PC/Laptop/Mac/Tablet/Phone? And what is the version of the Operating system? What is the memory size? Wi-fi or a wired connection? If you are using wi-fi do all tests through a wired connection please.
4. Do you have any other applications running continuously at the same time as webmail? Anti-virus is one example.
5. Does this happen with any other website? What happens if you open the BBC website and go back to it later – and/or any other service you have to login to?
6. Run www.speedtest.net to check what speed you are getting between your computer and the internet. What is the result in Mbps? Are there any significant ups and downs in the mini line graph it produces?
7. Ring VM – 150 from Virgin phone or 0345 454 1111 from any other sort. Select Broadband faults and ask them to test your connection as you are experiencing timeouts on webmail. It could be a fault with your line.(Suggest you ring during UK office hours or you'll get India).