cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login rejected

HelpPlease99
Joining in

Yesterday Virgin Media rejected my login. It would not accept my password. When I went to the VM site I received the screen saying that my mailbox is not available at the moment. Why?

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HelpPlease99  The most common reason is that the IT secuity team have locked the account due to suspicious activity.

You can usually unlock it yourself by following the instructions given in the on screen message.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@HelpPlease99 Replying in public.  Please do not ask for advice via Private message.

The issue of no longer being able to access the email accounts via email clients may be because of a recent change Virgin Media have made to email security.  If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client.  Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox app password management.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thanks Graham

I will try your suggestions, and phone if unsuccessful

Kind regards

John

Thanks Graham, after numerous attempts to get this sorted on another thread and none of the suggestions working your advice finally did the trick for me. There are a lot of users in numerous threads with the same issue and suggestions to resolve it have failed. Your advice suggests it was a VM issue all along as security settings had been changed but customers had not been told that, because of these changes, they would have to go through the process you are suggesting. Is there any way your advice can be flagged up somewhere so that people with this problem can see it early and try it. Also can other forum team members be informed of this fix?  Again thanks for your advice.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have already raised this with the Community Manager in the hope that a prominent notification can be made.

Great thanks