Menu
BLACKRAT
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Logging onto NTLWorld.com email.

Since my contract changed, due to me threatening to change to another company.  It takes ages to get into my emails.  Repeated info. System not connected.  Page timed out etc.  Good job i'm not on dial up.

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Logging onto NTLWorld.com email.

Hi BLACKRAT,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some trouble with your emails.

Can you confirm if you're using an email client or using webmail to sign in?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looking at this bit

Page timed out etc.

I suspect the OP is trying to use Webmail.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
BLACKRAT
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.  So sorry, but I'm an oldie and don't understand the meanings of some things.  I've been with VM since it's start.  I originally set up my email address and created a shortcut, as with all my regular bookmarks.  Everything worked well, until I threatened to change my IP.  I was being ripped off on my package.  A new contract was done, which has already increased in cost.  Unless VM can keep my payments dow, then I will look elswhere.  Since this ne contract the problem started.  Whatever I do it takes ages to load the emails.  I get all kinds of messages whilst tryin, such as.  Page timed out, not connected etc.  I can't fault the broadband speed but customer services are rubbish.  I only have broadband and a landline , which I seldom use.  I am not interested in any other feature such as TV etc.

0 Kudos
ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Try launching an Incognito Window in Chrome and log into your emails from there.

ravenstar68_0-1623557062100.png

Do you still get the same issues?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi BLACKRAT, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

A new contract wouldn't effect how you access the emails so it would just be coincidence that it's happened around the same time. 

As you're accessing the mail through a browser, can you try what Ravenstar has suggested?

It's also worth deleting the cache, cookies and browser history and making sure you are typing in the web address instead of going on a bookmark to see if this helps. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos