Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into your email account with a bookmark

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've recently made some changes that offer a new experience when signing into your Virgin Media email account.

Everything still works just the same, but if you've previously bookmarked the email login, it might not work today. You can still access the email login by clicking the Email link in the forum header, or by logging in through my.virginmedia.com

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

50 REPLIES 50

This is happening to me this morning - The page just holds on the login screen.

I have tried Firefox and Chrome

Also mail2web does not seem to work

I had to use Windows Livemail to read my email

Has webmail broken

In my case the answer was in a personal message!
My password had been compromised, had to be reset by staff member.

Currently no problems accessing e mails.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sticks wrote:

This is happening to me this morning - The page just holds on the login screen.

I have tried Firefox and Chrome

Also mail2web does not seem to work

I had to use Windows Livemail to read my email

Has webmail broken

If Mail2Web's not working as well then your problem is not down to webmail - but is rather an issue with your username and password.

Mail2Web is independent of VM and uses your login credentials to access the IMAP/POP3 servers.

Tim

Edit VM did have a problem with their webmail login, but that particular issue appears to have been resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Sticks,

Thanks for posting on our community forum. We have to apologise as we are currently experiencing issues with customers logging in to their online accounts.

We have reported this and we are working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved.

The faults reference number is  F008272125.

Kind regards Jodi 

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jodi_S 

Please read my post above - If you have any questions, drop me a PM

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the update ravenstar68,

It is much appreciated.

Kind regards Jodi

Sam1918
On our wavelength

Many thanks for the update. Good news.

Is this to do with updating Spam settings that is mentioned on another thread.

I'm locked out as well and have been absolutely butchered with the amount of spam/spoofing emails coming through Virgin Media email at the moment. I can't create rules fast enough to keep it at bay... hoping this is going to be sorted soon.

Cheers

Hi @d_andison,

I am so sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your email service lately. Are these ongoing today?

If so, would you mind clarifying the situation, please? You've stated that you're locked out of the account but also that you're receiving spam to the account?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

d_andison
On our wavelength

Still can't login. All I get is the message below. I don't get the option of entering user name and password, just jumps straight to the message I pasted below.

I can receive and send emails etc via Apples Mail app etc on my laptop and iPhone etc. Still receiving plenty of spam/spoofing emails as well.

Cheers

Duncan 

"

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary.

"