Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging into your email account with a bookmark

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi,

We've recently made some changes that offer a new experience when signing into your Virgin Media email account.

Everything still works just the same, but if you've previously bookmarked the email login, it might not work today. You can still access the email login by clicking the Email link in the forum header, or by logging in through my.virginmedia.com

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

50 REPLIES 50

indyspike
Tuning in

Seemed to be working earlier today, but now all I get is a "Connection timed out" error message.

Dave1522
Tuning in

tried to log in using link above and thru web site log in. Not working. message says it doesn't reconize email & or password?

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

@ModTeam - this needs looking at.

The new log in page appears properly from the new bookmark. What then happens is I get an "Oops page not found" error. But when I click on the email link again it goes straight through and loads. I had this the morning but put it down to a teething issue. It's back this afternoon. Not teething now, just a nuisance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kev_B

@HowardML 

Just to check I've got my ducks in a row - the login page loads, you enter your details, but when you try to login you get the 'Oops' error page? But then when you click the link again it will bypass the sign-in page and load straight through to your mailbox?

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Not quite. The thing I click again is the clickable e-ail link at the top of every VM page.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

ianreid2
On our wavelength

I have been trying to login to my emails using Edge for a couple of hours without success. I've just tried to login using I.E. & was able to gain access straight away

timbo42
Dialled in

So, what have you done that's upset the POP3 mailbox??? I normally use Thunderbird to access e-mails, and now when I launch it, it takes up to 10 minutes before I can access the POP3 mailbox - before that it just times out. There used to be no delay, so what's happened???

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So, what have you done that's upset the POP3 mailbox??? I normally use Thunderbird to access e-mails, and now when I launch it, it takes up to 10 minutes before I can access the POP3 mailbox - before that it just times out. There used to be no delay, so what's happened???"

I'm not convinced the two things are connected.  The pop access issues are being investigated by the relevant team.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The changes they've made shouldn't affect POP3 access.

Essentially they've been tweaking the login via web browser the new method fixes the broken behaviour of mailto: links when using webmail and your web browser as the defaults.  Previously, clicking on a mailto: link would open webmail on the Inbox, which was incorrect behaviour.  Now when you click a mailto: link webmail will automatically open a compose window.

Tim