cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Burfo
Joining in

Attempted to change password yesterday for extra security, on my laptop for my Virgin.net address. Typed in new password with "strong" recommendations and was informed I could not use this one. Attempted several more arcane passwords and they were all rejected. Then tried to access my email address with my original password and was informed email or password was not recognised. Then a message came up on my phone to check my account credentials. I am locked out of my email address for trying to improve security. Tried again this morning - after inputting my DoB security question- and the usual routine unfolded: "you can't use this password". then back to the start again. Attempted to communicate with Virgin...can you help please? Sense of urgency...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Burfo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues with your password, can I ask if have you tried a different browser or device? Have you cleared all cookies/cache?

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sometimes the can't use that password message appears even though the new password has been accepted.  The fact that your old password no longer works suggests that it has in fact been changed.

Try signing in with the most recent 'rejected' password. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Afternoon, I have tried a seeming myriad of passwords. I have attempted using the first one I made up, with no joy.  I tried a number of new passwords over the last two days and can’t remember the various permutations. Thanks for prompt response. Way forward?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Burfo, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

I am sorry you are having issues with your password, can I ask if have you tried a different browser or device? Have you cleared all cookies/cache?

Zoie

Afternoon Z, 

I have now gained access to my emails by retracing my steps. Thanks for responding and trying to help...appreciated! 

Thanks for the update Burfo,

We're pleased to hear this issue is now resolved for you.

If you have any further queries or issues, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi.