cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of ntlworld address, password changed not by me

Vampyrette
Tuning in

Hi,

I have today received an alert that my password has changed on my ntlworld email address and I cannot log in at all.

can someone please help me look in to this

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you didn't carry out the password change then assume someone else has.

Follow all the steps set out here:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-account-has-been-hacked

The VM Forum Team staff will respond here in due course.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Vampyrette
Tuning in

Hi,

I should add that this is an old account and am not currently a VM customer although I probably will be again when they reach my area.

The account may have simply been closed although other addresses on the same account are still working.

My worry is that I believe it may be hacked which is obviously very worrying, and would like to know either way.

Thanks in advance

Thank you Graham, it won't let me log in as obviously my account VM account is now defunct. I fully expected the email address to stop working over 18 months ago but it stayed live until this morning when I got a notification that my password had been changed. I'm hoping its just how my phone has reported the address being shut down, but terrified of being hacked so....

Hopefully VM staff will be able to help and confirm what's happened.

Thank you

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, the VM staff will be able to check and if necessary arrange for the old account to be fully deleted.

It will probably be tomorrow before they respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Vampyrette,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear your old Email has been hacked, as you are no longer a customer all we can do is permanently delete the email account, so I can do this for you I will send you a invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vampyrette,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and clearing security, glad I could help and raise the I T ticket to permanently delete the email, if it has been hacked this will stop any access, this will happen within the next 10 days, to see if it has been deleted try sending a email to it in a few days?

Regards

Paul.