cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of main email account

9fingers
Up to speed

I am locked out of my main email account both from my mail programme and webmail.

I've reset my password and still no access.

My other email addresses are working fine but most mail comes into my main account. I cannot send or receive.

Help please.

I've been waiting on the chatline for virtually an hour

Bob

7 REPLIES 7

9fingers
Up to speed

eventually I got though on help chat and sorted now

I started here https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status a bookmark I keep as a goto when there are problems. note that this is on  a PC, the phone version might look different.

The tab on the right connects to the the stupid Bot which does not have enough options to get directly  to any help about emails

If you keep giving illogical replies ( type "take me to your leader" maybe) the Bot will go round in circles and up its own jack plug, eventually it gives up and refers you to a human. Have your VM account number ready as the human will need that and 3 letters from your password. Be patient it took me about an hour and a half to get a response. Have something else useful to be doing at the same time.

Once you have connected, make sure you don't close the browser window otherwise you can lose the connection and have to start again.

Good Luck

Hi there @9fingers

Thank you so much for updating this thread with the steps you used to fix your issue, it's incredibly helpful for us to have this available for other customers to see. 

I'm so glad you were able to get this resolved and I am so sorry we didn't get to this post sooner. Please don't hesitate to post back to our forums should you ever have any issues in the future.

Thank you very much again. 

Hi Ash, more than happy to try and help others.

However the BOT is infuriatingly dumb as it does not offer enough option in the early stages. for example there is nothing to select about email. The nearest is "broadband" but that takes you in completely the wrong direction. It needs an option such as "other" to get out of the loop to a human.

Bob

Thanks 9gfingers - I did exactly as you suggested via live chat and my problem was resolved by a human and all within 8 minutes - so glad I read your message

Glad you got sorted but jealous you got through so quickly lol

Bob

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you got this resolved thedagger.

Let us know if you need us again in the future.

Rob