cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of email

lcrawford1
Joining in

I forgot my webmail password and have not been able to login or change the password to access the virgin.net email account.

I am  told by the call centre that they cannot help as it is an old account - can nyone on the Virgin forum advise a solution?

8 REPLIES 8

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Follow the advice offered here Re: Secondary email password - Virgin Media Community - 5200830 by Graham_A. If you are still unable to access the account post back here stating why, for example:

• not having set recovery security question answer for email account
  • email account not being linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, but I have tried all the suggested fixes. But, I cannot change my password and I am still locked out.

lcrawford1
Joining in

I have been locked out of my email account. I cannot change my password and remain locked out. I do not have a VM account (this is an old .net account). The help desk refuse to help me (03454541111). Is there something else I can do or someone else I can speak to?

Hi @lcrawford1

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to access your email account.

If you are no longer an active broadband customer with us, the email account would be deleted.

This is usually done within 90 days of the account closing however in some cases they can stay active much longer.

To clarify, you need an active Virgin Media broadband account to have access to our email accounts.

We can try to reactivate this however this isn't guaranteed and would only be temporary.

Would you like us to try and reactivate this for you?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, please. I need to access urgent emails and contacts. I can then migrate to another system. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the reply @lcrawford1 on the forums.

I will send a private message to try and get this started.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there @lcrawford1, little request.

Please check this to see if the email is still valid on here.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, it is valid