cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of email twice in a week, are you going for a record?

Marchogion
Tuning in

I have been locked out of my email twice in a week, what do VM think they are playing at?

Long wait to get through to your CS, and even longer for the issue to be resolved. Then no reasonable explanation for the reason why.

Appalling.

13 REPLIES 13

darbo
On our wavelength
Likewise, locked out twice now! Not at all happy.
Received and sent emails this morning, only to find myself locked out when I tried again later????
Will have to change my password AGAIN and hope that it works. It is a pain having to change passwords on the other devices too. Hopefully VM will get this sorted out asap.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Marchogion,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your email account.

We are aware some customer may have an issue, you can find some help regarding this here

If after following the advice there is still an issue please let me know.

Alex_Rm

Hi darbo,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you've also had some issues with your email account.

Can you follow the advice here

If after going through these steps you're still having an issue please let me know so I can help further.

Alex_Rm

No help whatsoever.

No viruses, only 1 PC has access to that account but all Windows devices were checked.

No explanation for it happening twice in a week.

Send more information (logs, alleged suspicious emails, complete with headers) to enable confirmation that there is an issue and diagnosis.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Marchogion,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to this issue. Sorry to hear that the previous help provided did not assist in resolving your issue.

Unfortunately we do not have access to this information and are unable to provide this information.

Can you tell us if you have been able to reset your email password and if you now have access to your mailbox? 

Keep us updated on how you're getting on please.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

This has happened three times recently, and twice last week, so your inability to assist with diagnosis is not helpful.

I suggest that you get someone who can provide the detail required to resolve this gets in contact with me, if not then I will be terminating the contract as you are failing to provide a reliable service while charging a premium price for your product.

There seems to be a few people having the same issue, but it's doubtful VM will admit that it's their issue, which is why I have asked for evidence in the form of logs and the offending emails. Currently they won't provide them.

Virgin Media - Your response to my complaint was wholly inadequate, ignoring my complaint and just sending me a standard form letter.

Get your act together.

Hi Marchogion,

I am sorry to learn you're unhappy with the response you received.

As we've previously mentioned we're not privy as to why the email account would be locked. Mailboxes can be locked if there is suspicious email activity detected such as bulk sending/ spam, setting up numerous email addresses etc.

Alex_Rm