cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of a virginmedia account

Skyhawk105
Tuning in

I get a message stating "Your e-mail account xxxxxxxxxx@virginmedia.com was disabled due to invalid credentials. Please edit the account and enter correct credentials to enable it again."

It appears to require me to confirm my password in the Incoming Mail section but I cannot remember my password.

I remember my password of the main account email, but not this extra one.

Any suggestions to reset the password would be appreciated, thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a secondary account then you can change the password via your primary login.  Once you have changed it you will need to enter the new password in the email accounts settings section for the secondary account when you enter the VM webmail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this is a secondary account then you can change the password via your primary login.  Once you have changed it you will need to enter the new password in the email accounts settings section for the secondary account when you enter the VM webmail page.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks very much for this. I shall follow your advce..

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Skyhawk105,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for reaching our to us about your email issue, and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. I completely understand how frustrating this must be.

Can you keep us updated on how you're getting on with the suggestion @Graham_A provided?

Has this helped your access to your email account? If not, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to help look into this for you further.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs