cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Virgin.net email need a password reset!

terrysrogers
Joining in

I have been using the virgin.net email account for many years. I lost the password , I cannot rest and the Media helpline have said that they cant help - can anyone else !

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@terrysrogers wrote:

I have been using the virgin.net email account for many years. I lost the password , I cannot rest and the Media helpline have said that they cant help - can anyone else !

Are you currently a VM broadband customer?

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @terrysrogers 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Virgin.net email 

Is this issue your facing on our webmail platform or are you only facing it when using an email clients  such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Firebird, Apple Mail, etc?

What error do you see when trying the forgotten password steps?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I am going into email on the Virgin media page and trying to reset password but it simply isnt accepting any password that I enter. I feels as if I have locked it . I am using Chrome 

No I'm not 

@terrysrogers wrote:

No I'm not 

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer then it is likely VM has begun to delete your email account.

Depending where in the deletion process you are, sometimes VM staff on here can arrange temporary access for you to rescue important information before the account is deleted altogether.

There is a suggestion below for an archiving process

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Backing-up-your-Emails-One-of-many-solutions/m-p/...

Carly

i thought I had responded my apologies . I’m desperate to get into the account even if it’s only to down load important info I have there .I am trying to log 8n from the virgin media e mail link . I’m on safari . I’ve lost my passwords and it won’t let me reset .I’ve tried the media helpline and they can’t help 

I have never been a virgin media customer mine was one of the original virgin . Net free accounts 

Please can someone help !

Good Afternoon @terrysrogers, thanks for coming back to us and offering some clarity.

There is no guarantee that we will be able to access this E-Mail account again for you.

However, I'd be willing to give this a try, check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn