cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Virgin media email and security answer not recognised

Minky2018
Tuning in

Hi

I have attempted to log into my virgin media account but it does not recognise my password. When I request to change the password it says that my security question is answered incorrectly, which is wrong - I know my mother's maiden name.

I cannot access it using my other Virgin broadband details because although I have the details of my account number and area number I cannot provide details of my last bill as I cannot access this information as my bill's ae emailed to me - and I cannot access my email. 

I have cleared caches and browser history so am now at a loss. Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Minky2018

Sorry to hear of the email access issues, we appreciate the frustration this can cause and you taking the time to raise this via the forums. 

From what you have advised it sounds like you have previously had access to the email address, when were you last able to access it? Does it give you a specific error message or is it just that the password is incorrect? Passwords are case sensitive, are you ensuring the password is in the correct format?

Details for your last bill can also be found in your online account, you can check this here

Rob

Minky2018_0-1628504312199.png

Hi Rob

Thank you for your response. I can confirm that I accessed my virgin media email account within the past few weeks and the password worked fine.

On this occasion, it does not recognise either my email address or my password. I have checked that I am not using upper case etc and I have tried another browser and tried clearing my browsing history, cookies, and caches. When I go through the security questions it does not recognise the answer. I have tried to access my account via the link you sent but receive the page above. My virgin net mail account is working fine.

I know the date of my last payment to Virgin from my bank statement but that is not necessarily the same as the invoice date so I have held back from using that information in case I muck the process up!

Can you resolve this, please?

Regards

Gill

In case the screen image I have uploaded is not approved it states that "We're really sorry but access to our billing platform is no longer available to Virgin media National customers due to the move to Talk Talk"

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Minky2018.

Thank you for coming back to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues getting into your Virgin Media Email.

I will be more than happy to look into this for you. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon to confirm some details with you. 🙂

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs