Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Blueyonder email

sanjivs
Tuning in

Hi,
Same issue as Billkiv.
Is there no way to get into webmail at least? I don't even know what I'm not seeing!!
I've had to change my contact email address in webcare.

Thanks
Sanjiv

[MOD EDIT: Post split from thread to it's own. @sanjiv, please add more information about your own issue so Forum can help]

8 REPLIES 8

sanjivs
Tuning in

so,

I am not the main account holder/email address.

No email on phone client or PC client.

Kept getting incorrect user/password message since early am on 14th Sept.

CAN get into my account on Virginmedia.com

Did try to reset password, but same issue.

Eventually, saw message that account was locked - I was hoping that that was because of too many tries etc.

1st line support told me "I know we are phasing out all the Blueyonder accounts" - that's helpful!

I asked whether he meant the Blueyonder POP3 and SMTP servers...not sure.

Transferred to 2nd line support.

2nd line support picked up after 12mins. 

Tried a password reset - he set a password: same message re account locked.

Long story short - sent to 'unlock team' - will take 48 hours, and they only respond back to 2nd line support.

I think he said I'd get a phone call to tell me when it was done.

I've had to change my email address in online account for obvious reasons!

Only stuck with the whole Virgin Media package to retain email address.

I there any Help available??!!

Hi sanjivs,

Welcome to the Community Forums, thank you for taking the time to post here.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your email account on different email clients, I can appreciate this must be frustrating for you. Please be assured that we are not 'phasing' out or deleting our blueyonder email accounts and have no plans to do this. I am sorry that you were given this false information. I'll ensure that it is fed back to the agent.

In regards to the email issue itself, you mentioned that you are not the account holder for the account that the email account is linked to. In order for us to diagnose issues relating to email accounts, we would need to speak with the account holder directly for security reasons. If there's any way that the account holder can create an account on here and message us directly, we'd be more than happy to help further.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth,

I am the main account holder in response to your request, following Sanjiv's post.

What needs to be done to unlock the account and regain access to work/personal emails?

thanks

Heena

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sanjivs wrote:

Hello Beth,

I am the main account holder in response to your request, following Sanjiv's post.

What needs to be done to unlock the account and regain access to work/personal emails?

thanks

Heena

As the account holder you should be able to change the password for the secondary account via your My Virgin Media account.

Sign in to My Virgin Media, go to My Profile and/or Manage Accounts depending on whether the account concerned is your primary account or an additional one. Select the account concerned and then click on Change to the right of password if a primary account or View/Change then change to the right of password for secondary accounts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Heena,

As my colleague has advised, if you are the account holder then please create your own separate Community Forum account and then post on this thread. We can then proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach,

I thought that you would have seen that I have already done this else how could I post.

As per Graham's email I have done what was suggested, but how does that 'unlock' an account??

Your 2nd line support tried a password change, but the 'account is locked' message still appeared.

Appear to be going around in circles - is this with the 'Unlock Team ' or not? ie why is a password change being suggested?

If so, nearly 48 hours have elapsed, and this is causing some real issues.

Lastly, I would add that the webcare portal shows an 'alias' email address as the 'Virgin Media Mail address'.

ie different from the username - I know they are connected, but is the wrong one being 'unlocked'??

Thanks

Hi @sanjivs,

In this post on this thread you initially state that you are not the account holder, which is why my colleague told you to inform the account holder to create their own forum account and to then post in this thread.

You then make a post straight after here in which you state that you are the account holder, despite using the exact same community forum account. As such, it's not clear.

Again, we would need for the account holder to create their own forum account and for them to then post in here. We can then assist further.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

The account holder did type the message, but it hadn't logged me out.

She will re-post.