cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out of Blueyonder account

kjukes
Joining in

Hi,

I went to check the emails from my Blueyonder account this morning, and when I opened the mail app on my phone it said that my credentials were out of date. I haven't changed my settings or password recently, so I don't know why this has happened.

I tried re-typing in the password but it still wouldn't let me in. I tried a number if other passwords that I use regularly (in case by some miracle I had changed it a few years ago and it had just now decided to boot me out of my account!) and it still won't let me in. I also can't remember my username or password for my virgin account so can't use that to change my password, as it will send a reset email to the account that I can't access! I had to create a new virgin account with my gmail in order to post here...

I would be grateful for any help that anyone can offer me.

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Virgin Media system does not send a password reset email it just guides you through security questions relating to the account before directing you to the password reset page.

So I suggest you follow the guidance here:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Thanks for replying, but I can't get through the questions as I don't know my user name or account number. The account was set up a secondary account when I was younger, so I'm hoping if I can get my dad (the primary user) to change the password it might work?

I have also had notifications saying that someone is trying to get into my social media, so think I've been hacked...

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is a secondary account on your dad's VM broadband account then, yes, he should be able to change the password for you as he is the 'owner' of the account.

You should give careful thought to setting up your own email address independent of any ISP. In the current set up you are reliant on your Dad keeping his VM broadband account, in addition he has full control over your email address and can read/delete emails as he chooses and can change the password on the account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks