cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking email address

Shunt2
Joining in

I have an email address, linked to my fathers account from when I lived at his house some 20 years ago.

I now have my own account.

My father had cancelled his virgin contract and as a result my email address will become obsolete.

As my email address is the primary one I use, I would like to know if I can link it to my own virgin account so that it isn't closed when my father's contract ends.

I have tried speaking to a customer service advisor but they do not understand what I mean.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

It isn't possible I'm afraid. Your best bet is to sort out an alternative email address with another provider ASAP and spend the time before the old account is finally deleted, in notifying all of your contacts about the change of address.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jem101
Superstar

It isn't possible I'm afraid. Your best bet is to sort out an alternative email address with another provider ASAP and spend the time before the old account is finally deleted, in notifying all of your contacts about the change of address.

Thank you.

In order to avoid this situation from happening again, I recommend you try some free email providers instead of the VirginMedia one: Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo!, Mail.com etc...
Thanks and regards,
Alexander

Hi Shunt2, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your email address. 

There may be a chance that we can move the email address over to your account however we would need your fathers permission to do this. It's also worth noting that all email accounts on would be transferred, not just yours. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs