cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lengthy process to access email

AliMill
Joining in

The process of getting into my email has recently become lengthy.

At the "Sign in with your My Virgin Media details" screen I enter my email address and password. The captcha screen is displayed.

Once I have passed the captcha test, a screen "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" is displayed. (Previously, I would have been taken straight to my email)

I click on the Virgin Media logo at the bottom of the page, the Virgin Media home page is displayed.

I click the "Email" button in the top right, my email opens.

I use Windows 10 with the Microsoft Edge browser. I deleted the cache and cookies but this did not resolve the issue. Despite one of the messages to the contrary, my mailbox is obviously available.

Why has getting access to my email become so convoluted?

Thanks

Alistair

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AliMill wrote:

I don't know.I'm not seeing that.

The"Your mailbox is not available at the moment" error message usually means that the email account has been locked by Virgin Media and you have  to reset your password to unlock the email account.  So something strange is happening if you are still able to access the account without a password reset.

What happens if you use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

Failing that I would try signing in directly from the "Email" button on the VM homepage rather than via whatever link or bookmark you are currently using.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AliMill wrote:

I don't know.I'm not seeing that.

The"Your mailbox is not available at the moment" error message usually means that the email account has been locked by Virgin Media and you have  to reset your password to unlock the email account.  So something strange is happening if you are still able to access the account without a password reset.

What happens if you use this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ 

Failing that I would try signing in directly from the "Email" button on the VM homepage rather than via whatever link or bookmark you are currently using.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thanks for your reply Coenoby. I tried the link you suggested and it worked.

I log into my email using a button on my favourites bar. I have changed the URL for the button from the exceptionally long one that was there to the one you suggested and the button now works perfectly. Wonderful!

Thanks again for your fantastic help.

Best wishes

Alistair, Edinburgh

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are very welcome, I'm glad you have sorted it.

Thanks for the update.

Coenoby

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @AliMill,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

I am pleased @coenoby was able to offer you support and help get things resolved for you 😄

You know where we are if you need anything else and have a fab weekend! 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs