cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy NTL email Imap / Smpt password

Renegade65
Tuning in

Hi

I really need some help with this. I have an old NTL email account, which I use as my mail email. It was working fine this morning then decided to stop working and now won't accept any Imap / Smtp passwords.

I need the passwords reset if someone can help?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

jem101
Superstar

You say an ‘old ntl account’, does that mean that you are no longer a VM broadband customer? If you are then you can reset the password yourself as per the instructions in the following link.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Hey Jem

No  I am no longer a VM customer but my accunt was 'ported' over to my partners VM account.

I'm looking to see if someone can reset my password for me.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Renegade65 wrote:

Hey Jem

No  I am no longer a VM customer but my accunt was 'ported' over to my partners VM account.

I'm looking to see if someone can reset my password for me.

If a 'Move & Transfer' was carried out from your old account to your partner's VM account then you partner can change the passwords by following the instructions in the link that Jem provided.

Edit: I can see from your posting history that you had issues with the move and transfer back in 2019.  The thread ended in a private message exchange with a Forum Team member and it is not clear from the thread if the issue was ever resolved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have tried this but can't access the NTL account which stopped working this morning.

The email account which is attached to my partners Virgin account is another old legacy account of mine which Virgin has deleted.

Hey Graham

No, it was never resolved and I am having issues.

I originally had two NTL legacy accounts which I still used and were attached to my partners existing Virgin account.

Virgin deleted one of my accounts and the other was moved and I could still accedd this one up until this morning.

I really need my NTL email account password reset so I can access my account again as I have a lot of emails that I need.

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So when you log into your partner's account with the primary username and password does the email address that you are having issues with appear under either the My Profile or Manage Accounts tabs?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

As per @Graham_A ‘s advice above, it really is important that you check for yourself that the email address has been properly linked to a live VM broadband account (ie your partners) and not just assume it has been because that’s what you were told.

If for whatever reason it hasn’t been attached, then it is at risk of summary deletion so time is of the essence for you to have any chance of recovering it. I don’t believe that it now can be attached retrospectively (although what can and can’t be done in VM’s world does seem to be something of a movable feast), and in that event the mailbox will be deleted at some point in the future.

John

No

Using my partners details to login, her account / email is within 'my profile' then my deleted NTL account is within 'manage accounts'.

If you've read through the previous chats I had with your colleague, she helped me alot with the account I was using until this morning.

It was a call centre rep who messed it up initially. I explained evrrything I needed to happen with both accounts and they assured me both NTL accounts would be transferred, but they transferred one and deleted one. I left it ad is, as I have a chronic illness, I was really unwell and it was stressing me out trying to explain over and over again. That's when I decided to ask The Community for help.

Would it be easier if I provided you with all account details and if possible, you could look into it?

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Renegade65  Your latest reply leaves me somewhat confused - if the email address concerned is showing under the Manage Accounts tab then it hasn't been deleted and you should be able to change the password for it by clicking on the 'view/change' link.

I will escalate this thread to the VM Forum Team staff so that they can take a deeper look into the account to see what is going on, however at your partner is the account holder they will need to clear security with your partner.