cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Media

Mikey52
Joining in

Now that my 18 month contract has finished, on 10th May they want to put my cost up 37% which I am not going to agree to and will be looking at other providers.

My email account is with Microsoft Outlook (hotmail.com) as this is a ‘free’ account would I be correct in thinking that if I do go elsewhere, I will still keep my email address to ‘take with me’

The thing that annoys me is although I have been with Virgin for many years you are not treated at all well as regards to loyalty, new customers get all the benefits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mikey52  Your hotmail email address is completely independent of your broadband account with Virgin Media so if you decide to leave VM that email address won't be affected. 

If you have any VM email addresses on your account they should be closed 90 days after you close the account.  I should add that this does not always happen.

Re contract pricing, the commercial market that VM work in means that new customer deals will always seem to be a good deal.  That said, existing customers wanting to renew a fixed term contract can usually get a good price close to their existing contract price by talking to the VM support staff using the usual channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Mikey52  Your hotmail email address is completely independent of your broadband account with Virgin Media so if you decide to leave VM that email address won't be affected. 

If you have any VM email addresses on your account they should be closed 90 days after you close the account.  I should add that this does not always happen.

Re contract pricing, the commercial market that VM work in means that new customer deals will always seem to be a good deal.  That said, existing customers wanting to renew a fixed term contract can usually get a good price close to their existing contract price by talking to the VM support staff using the usual channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Mikey, 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are thinking of leaving our services. We would truly hate to see you go. 

Was the great advice given by @Graham_A useful? Also if you are unhappy with your package price, you may find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you Akua_A for your reply, had a look at the link you sent but not of much use to me, if I read it right all offers will increase in price, I want to get it REDUCED.

Hi @Mikey52

Thanks for the reply

My apologies for the inconvenience, I'd suggest contacting our Customer Care team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 who will be more than happy to look into your package with you and to see what they can do to get your package reduced.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs