cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last week problems started accessing outlook on ntlworld

Karen996
Joining in

I use Outlook 2013 and trying to access an ntlworld.com email account.  Last week pop up started saying need to input password.  Despite putting in correct password both incoming and outgoing emails blocked.  I’ve logged in via the web page and all of the inboxes/folders are empty, on the outlook program it’s asking you to sign in to the imap server which is set to imap.ntlworld.com
with the outgoing server (smtp) set to smtp.ntlworld.com - I've tried to change to virginmedia.com but incoming emails still fail. I’ve changed your password and can access the account, but on the program the same credentials don’t allow me access to the emails
Upon attempting to send/receive it asks me to sign in and the pop up keeps coming up even with the correct login details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Karen996 wrote:

I use Outlook 2013 and trying to access an ntlworld.com email account.  Last week pop up started saying need to input password.

What  happens when you try to sign in to your ntlworld email account via Virgin Media's webmail service. Enter your email address and password here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

If you get the dreaded "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour............." error message it means that VM have locked your account for some reason.

The advice is to try resetting your password and once you have done that leave it at least 15 minutes before trying to access the account again.  The often unlocks the account. You can reset the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password by entering your VM email address as the username and then following the prompts. By the way, you can try resetting the password to what it currently is, that often seems to work. 😉

If that does not enable you to regain access to the account your best bet is to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) contacts you via this thread and takes your details by Private Message. They should be able to get it sorted for you,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Karen996 wrote:

I use Outlook 2013 and trying to access an ntlworld.com email account.  Last week pop up started saying need to input password.

What  happens when you try to sign in to your ntlworld email account via Virgin Media's webmail service. Enter your email address and password here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  

If you get the dreaded "Your mailbox is not available at the moment. Please retry again in one hour............." error message it means that VM have locked your account for some reason.

The advice is to try resetting your password and once you have done that leave it at least 15 minutes before trying to access the account again.  The often unlocks the account. You can reset the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password by entering your VM email address as the username and then following the prompts. By the way, you can try resetting the password to what it currently is, that often seems to work. 😉

If that does not enable you to regain access to the account your best bet is to wait until one of the Forum Team (VM employees who support this forum) contacts you via this thread and takes your details by Private Message. They should be able to get it sorted for you,

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you 

Sorted now, linked to being a named user on the account. Needed to access the secondary account to change the password. 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Karen996 ,

Glad to hear you have sorted it out. Thanks for coming back to let us know.

Coenoby