cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOCKED OUT OF MY EMAIL ACCOUNT SEVEN DAYS NOW

kimgolfer
Joining in

My email was locked last Sunday morning due to suspicious activity - I was thankful for this because my email was hacked and my Amazon account hacked via it.

However, it is still locked seven days later despite several phone calls starting last Sunday and assurances that it would be unlocked within five days.  The normal assistants are unable to unlock it and it has supposedly been passed to the ‘Support Team’, but no action yet from them.

As you can appreciate this is causing a number of problems for me.  PLEASE PLEASE HELP GET IT RESOLVED.

Please note it is my main email address that is locked, I have another one that is still working, but most of my important emails go to the main one.

Thanks in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5

Sololobo
Superstar

Have you tried following the advice given here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... to see if that resolves your issue?

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @kimgolfer, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Has following @Sololobo's advice helped regarding the other thread with similar issues?

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

kimgolfer
Joining in

Thank you for the help.

Fortunately on my third phone call it was fixed.  The support assistant filed it in a couple of minutes.  Not sure if the IT support section had done anything, but the assistant I spoke to said he followed a different route to the other two I’d spoken to previously.  

So all good now!!

kim

kimgolfer
Joining in

Should have said he fixed it, not filed it!!

kim

Thanks for coming back to us @kimgolfer and I'm glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved.

Regards,

Steven_L