cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

+++Known Issue+++ Email Disruption - F010434911

ModTeam

Hi there,

We're aware some customers are experiencing difficulties with our email service as follows:

You might find that your NTL/Blueyonder & Virgin Media Mail isn't working right now. We are sorry and our engineers are working to fix this right now. We are sorry about this, our engineers are looking at fixing this as soon as possible.

You can get updates on known service issues in your area here: https://virg.in/service or by callng 0800 561 0061.

Regards,

101 REPLIES 101

Thanks for coming back to us Karen42, have you heard anything back from the WhatsApp team about this issues?

if not, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

ahmurray
On our wavelength

Hi Steven_L

Are you able to assist others with the same issue please?  I have been unable to send mail for 10 days now which is really frustrating.  Virgin's gadget response team have confirmed the issue is not with my PC setup but on the VM email server side, potentially an expired certificate on the SMTP servers.

Thanks

Alastair

Thyper
Dialled in

Just adding to the Ticket.

My 4 legacy @ntlworld.com addresses are unable to authenticate against the smtp.ntlworld.com  (Port 465 / SSL).

I’ve been the same for over two weeks now!!

Sorry. I’ve only just seen your message. It’s been a hectic couple of days. I’ve answered your pm. 
I didn’t attempt the WhatsApp malarkey, as I don’t understand it tbh. I’m a pensioner and just about manage to do the online stuff that I’m used to. Thank you for responding to me. 

Wanted to post a public thank you to Steven. Thank you so much for your help! 

ahmurray
On our wavelength

Great, Steven could you help the rest of us too please?  PM me if you need more info.

Hello, the ticket is now marked as resolved, so we will now message people who are still having issues to see what we can do to help out.

Please let us know if we miss you, we'll be sure to fire a message over 🙂

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators

Hi @ahmurray 

Thank you for your patience whilst we worked on resolving this issue. 

Can you please advise if you are still having issues accessing your emails? Please try resetting your password now that the fault has been closed as resolved and let us know if you're still having issues and if this happens on both our webmail and an email client such as outlook or gmail? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Mod

This issue still has not been solved!!

Had this email for over 20+ years and had no issues until 2 weeks ago ??

I was asked to delete my email account in Outlook by a mod and try to add account again.

Did this and now email account will not finish the wizard as SMTP server not responding.

So now can't even get incoming emails on PC now.

Also, Iphone which is a different device also has stopped working with ntlworld emails.

I can get incoming but outgoing SMTP errors.

Also tried sending emails over 4G instead of WiFi incase there was an IP issue but still get errors on 4G.

Here are details below: 

Username and password are correct as same as virgin account login.

username@ntlworld.com

smtp server: smtp.virginmedia.com

Port: 465

TLS/SSL Ticked

What is going on ??

Thanks

Adam