cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping e-mail address

Dick36
Just joined

At present I use Virgin for two mobiles but my e-mail service is provided by TalkTalk - previously EE, previously Pipex. I wish Virgin to provide my e-mails but have been told previously that I cannot keep my present TalkTalk e-mailing name. I really don't want to have to tell hundreds of people/organisations of the change. If this is in fact possible what actions are needed.

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media only provide an email service to their VM broadband customers so Virgin Media will not be able to provide email for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Despite what most think, an email address is NEVER yours, it always belongs to whoever owns the domain name (basically the bit after the @ sign) - they simply allow you to use it and offer to store and handle your emails for you subject to certain conditions - mostly that you pay them money!

As @Graham_A says above, VM only provide (now) @virginmedia.com addresses, and a few older legacy addresses and only then if you are also a VM broadband customer. But even if they didn't have the last stipulation, it just isn't possible for them to provide any other email addresses other than the ones they control.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Get your own domain and email addresses.  You can keep them forever regardless of your broadband provider.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you really want to keep a TalkTalk email address then you might be able to sign up to TalkTalk's mail plus.

https://www.talktalk.co.uk/shop/mailplus?=attmp

It's not free - it's £5 per month or £50 for 12 months.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks