Menu
brianwyndhamhop
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

JUNK mail

At some stage recently I have inadvertantly clicked on a suspect JUNK MAIL link which has resulted in my getting anything up to TEM junk mails per day.

They are all sent from JUNKERMAIL.co.uk...BUT all have a different address name by using a prefix of several random letters.

It has been therefore only possible for me to BLOCK individual address AND NOT everything from JUNKERMAIL.

Anyone any ideas if it IS possible to block  all from JUNKERMAIL?????

Brian Hopwood

Blackburn

UK

0 Kudos
Shelke
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: JUNK mail

Did setting the FROM condition to just JUNKERMAIL.co.uk not work? I don't get spam in my inbox (don't want it either) so I can't test to be 100%.

But about clicking on a recent junk mail. Have you set your email so that it doesn't automatically load external images? Loading external images is how spammers verify if an account is active. If you haven't made that change to your account yet, click the three bars -> Settings -> Mail and untick 'Allow pre-loading of externally linked images'

fromcontaincondition.jpg

coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@brianwyndhamhop wrote:It has been therefore only possible for me to BLOCK individual address AND NOT everything from JUNKERMAIL

This is just add to Shelke's post to clarify that you will need to use Virgin Media's webmail filters rather than the 'Blacklist sender' option

Click on the Settings tab (the 3 black horizontal bars on the extreme right hand side of the screen) and then click on the Filter Rules option from the menu on the left of the screen.

Also note from the image in Shelke's post that the condition says  'Contains' not 'Is exactly' or 'Matches'.

Shelke image.png

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'd actually go a step further and leave the TLD off

junkermail rule.PNG

That way if the spammers try using junkermail.com instead of junkermail.co.uk - those mails will be caught as well the same for trying to use any other TLD to try and get round the rule such as .net etc.

Tim

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

GMAN73
Superfast
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been getting bombarded with spam from addresses like####@####.junkermail.com, always from junkermail.com address.  God knows how these scumbags got my email address.

Its an ntlworld email, virgin media spam filters don’t seem to be blocking them.

[MOD EDIT - Email address removed]

0 Kudos
coenoby
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@GMAN73 wrote:

virgin media spam filters don’t seem to be blocking them.

So, have you tried the suggestion set out in the last two posts?Smiley Frustrated

Remember to set 'contains' to 'Junkermail' to catch all variations.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Biffy-Bivington
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Why can’t companies like Virgin media automatically add these known junk emailers into a list to automatically redirect them into the junk mail folder so millions of people don’t have to suffer this problem. I dont min dit going into my junk folder, I do mind having to see it in my inbox and having to constantly delete it.

ive just added a junkermail condition into my spam filter (a lot recently contain that word), so let’s see how that goes to easing it.

0 Kudos
brianwyndhamhop
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

SEEM to have cracked it by putting junkermal down on the list BUT showing both   .com AND .co.uk

0 Kudos
brianwyndhamhop
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Back with a vengeance.  Three today despite doing everything offered to stop them. 

0 Kudos
brianwyndhamhop
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

already unticked
0 Kudos