Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Issues with creating additional email accounts

Hi everyone,

I have attempted to create a new email account which after many tries (selecting a unique email address) it appeared I was successful. Unfortunately the account hasn't appeared on my "Manage accounts" tab within my profile and when attempting to log in to the new account it states the account name and password are not correct. I have attempted this many moons ago with the same results but I now must get around to resolve this issue as I want to give my family their own email accounts. I have a feeling this is some kind of setting that is on my account that I can't access and was probably set by mistake but if you have experiences with such issues, but this is pure speculation. I would appreciate any help you can provide on this.

Matt

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Issues with creating additional email accounts

@MattL66 wrote:

I would appreciate any help you can provide on this.

It certainly sounds as if you are going down the right route to create new accounts.

There was a problem creating new email accounts, last year I think, but that was resolved. However, to make sure,  I have  just tried and successfully created another VM address on my account, (I'll go back and delete it later 😉), so the system seems to working at the moment.

Once you have found a unique new address and hit the "Confirm" button the new address should be visible under the "Manage accounts" tab straight away.

You can only set up a maximum of 9 email addresses so if you have already reached the maximum then you cannot add any more.

There is also a complication that when Virgin Media started using the "@virginmedia.com" domain name they blocked off all the addresses that were already in use with the old legacy domains (ntlworld.com, blueyonder.co.uk and Virgin.net). That was to allow someone who was already using the address "auntie.doris@ntlworld.com" for example to set up a new address "auntie.doris@virginmedia.com". Given also that you cannot reuse addresses that have been deleted it means it is very difficult to come up with a valid new address.

You say you want to set up addresses for your family. That is fine but they need to be aware that you will be in control of and have complete access to their email accounts. You will be able to reset passwords without reference to them, view their emails and even send out emails to their contacts in their name. Not a problem if they are young children but perhaps an issue if they are over 18. Just a thought 😉

You may need to wait until a member of the Forum Team (VM employees) picks up on this post and contacts you for more details  so they can check out your account. In the meantime don't post any email addresses here.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Coenoby,

Thanks for your answer I had another go at creating the email accounts and just like magic it worked.

I guess this may have been user error this time 🙄 , well that's the most probably reason isn't it though rather embarrassing . I'm sure I did press confirm! 😳

The most important thing is that it has worked this time and I now have my kids email profiles in the "Manage accounts" tab.

So thanks again.👍

Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@MattL66 wrote:

So thanks again.👍

You're very welcome.

Let's put it down to a "temporary glitch" rather than user error shall we? 😊

Thanks for letting us know you are all sorted now.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos