cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues after leaving and returning

jlp23
Just joined

I left Virgin Media in the summer and returned a few months later.  My original blueyonder email has been in use throughout, however I am recently unable to sign in to it.  I'd like to be able to check through it for anything important, before closing it down.

Virgin Media can you help?

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jlp23 wrote:

Virgin Media can you help?

That depends. VM say they will delete any email accounts linked to a VM broadband account 90 days after the broadband account is closed. So in theory, if you left VM before mid November last year the account may already have been deleted and the fact you can no longer access the email account is not a good sign.

However, in the past VM have often left email accounts running sometimes years before they get around to deleting them so you might be lucky.😉

The Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to check this out for you.

One of the team will contact you via this thread in the next day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jlp23,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling to access an email account/address at the moment. As @coenoby has mentioned, an email address would need to be linked to an account with an active broadband service to remain open and active. If it isn't, this is typically deactivated and deleted within 90 days but in some cases it can take a little longer to be detected on the systems.

Is the email address in question linked to an account with active broadband services? Can you also confirm what happens when you attempt to log into the account via the webmail platform on our website? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!