cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with my access to emails (ntlworld)

Hugosdad
Joining in

Following a recent security lock by Virgin Media on my emails and after several long phone calls to try and get sorted, I am still having difficulty getting access back to where it was before.

I can now get access to my emails on my ipad, only using the Safari browser, but not on my HP laptop using Microsoft Edge.

I still am not able to change my password even on my ipad (the screen doesn't "continue" after the security questions)

Is anyone able to tell me what is going on and how I can get access on laptop? Also, any ideas how to update my password on my ipad? 

Thamk you

3 REPLIES 3

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Hugosdad,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear you've been facing some issues with your email account recently. Would you mind expanding a little bit on the situation and what's happening? Are you trying to access your email account via our webmail platform? At what point do you face an issue and what is it? Does an error message appear? What diagnostics and troubleshooting have you done thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hugosdad
Joining in

Hello Zach, I have no idea what is going on. When I log into my virginmedia website on my laptop (via microsoft edge), there is an option to check my emails. This leads to be to a screen saying "my email box is not available at the moment" (This same message when it was locked)

I rang the telephone helpdesk a few times, they changed my password which initially worked but if I logged out, I couldn't log back in again.

However when I logged onto my ipad using Safari (on the instructions of the telephone helpdesk), I can access my emails. Google chrome isn't helping on my ipad.

I can not change my password on Safari (the team members provided the original password). When I go through the security checks DOD and memorable data, the screen doesn't continue forward.

I have run Virus check on my laptop and can't find any issues.

The helpdesk team have twice referred my to IT suppport, but heard nothing.

Hi @Hugosdad,

Thanks for explaining this further. If your password has been reset you should be able to log in usually. 

Could you try clearing cookies/cache and browsing history to see if this helps?

Let us know so we can offer further support if needed.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs