cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a scam?

TryingToBeHappy
Dialled in

Received mail as below.. is it for real... i think not! 

Dear Ntlworld   User,

Your incoming mails were placed on pending status due to the recent upgrade to our database.

CIICK HERE  [removed link for security] 

To renew your mailbox:
Failure to validate might leave your account vulnerable to Spam attacks and suspension will follow within 72hrs.

Thanks for choosing 
Privacy Policy | Customer Support
©2021 Virgin Media. All Rights Reserved. 

3 REPLIES 3

TryingToBeHappy
Dialled in

the senders email was "sbcglobal.net"... brief search indicates that they are a notorious scam source.. so guess that answers the question..

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TryingToBeHappy wrote:

so guess that answers the question..

Definitely a scam. A big giveaway is that it begins "Dear Ntlworld User" rather than addressing you by name or quoting your Virgin Media Account number.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @TryingToBeHappy,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to see that you have been a target of a phishing email!

This definitely does not look like something we would send you, especially as @coenoby advised, you were not addressed by your name.

Please forward this email to phishing@virginmedia.com where we can review this email and report it. You can find more information about phishing emails on our website: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/what-is-phishing.

Let us know if you need any further help or assistance.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs