cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to access virgin webmail through another method than virgin - sick of the problems

Nowhere
On our wavelength

It seems never more than a few weeks go by without some problem or other logging in, accessing my email, forwarding, etc

Is there an alternative solution to accessing the webmail other than via virgin webmail? My gmail account never has any of these problems

Latest issue has been refusing to sign in, see attached. Now have workaround of opening a seperate private window just for the email, but its an annoying hassle

Before that it wouldn't forward unless refreshed page first

Before that it wouldn't download messages

And that is just in the last 7 days!

v1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nowhere wrote:

Now have workaround of opening a seperate private window just for the email,

You will find using Mozilla Thunderbird as advised by @DJ_Shadow1966 to access and manage you VM emails will be more reliable than using VM Webmail.

However, the error in your screen shot, (Connection error.................Rev65) is caused by a corrupt cookie in your browser rather than by Webmail itself. In fact some of the other issues you mention could also be caused by cookie issues.

The fact that you can open Webmail ok in a private window confirms that, so thanks for mentioning it.

You should be able to resolve the problem by deleting all the VM cookies in your current browser.

Here's general link on how to do that  https://www.comparitech.com/internet-providers/how-to-clear-cookies/   or you could just do a search for "Clear cookies in chrome"  or whichever browser you use.

It would be worth doing that even if you decide to move to using Thunderbird becasue it is always useful to have Webmail there as a backup.

Coenoby 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

There are other ways of accessing your email and that is using an email client as an example for free you can use Thunderbird https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/ this is free or using one of the other email client like Outlook for example.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Nowhere wrote:

Now have workaround of opening a seperate private window just for the email,

You will find using Mozilla Thunderbird as advised by @DJ_Shadow1966 to access and manage you VM emails will be more reliable than using VM Webmail.

However, the error in your screen shot, (Connection error.................Rev65) is caused by a corrupt cookie in your browser rather than by Webmail itself. In fact some of the other issues you mention could also be caused by cookie issues.

The fact that you can open Webmail ok in a private window confirms that, so thanks for mentioning it.

You should be able to resolve the problem by deleting all the VM cookies in your current browser.

Here's general link on how to do that  https://www.comparitech.com/internet-providers/how-to-clear-cookies/   or you could just do a search for "Clear cookies in chrome"  or whichever browser you use.

It would be worth doing that even if you decide to move to using Thunderbird becasue it is always useful to have Webmail there as a backup.

Coenoby 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Nowhere
On our wavelength

Thanks for the help!