cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is email down ?

emmanmartin
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm having trouble accessing my email, I am now getting a blue background with  "Connection error, service isn't available right now, retry ( on pc )......which I have done and nothing changes. I haven't been able to log in for a few days. On my mobile...."your mailbox isn't available right now"

HAHA.... love the tick box at the bottom 

Email me when someone replies......Really !

7 REPLIES 7

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you try logging in using an incognito window and let us know what happens?

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Tim,

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately is says " Your mailbox isn't available at the moment"

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@emmanmartin wrote:

HAHA.... love the tick box at the bottom 

Email me when someone replies......Really !

In case it helps, the email address you use for this forum does not have to be a VM email address.

If you also have a non VM address you can use that instead. Click on your forum username (in my case "coenoby") at the top of the forum page and choose "Edit profile". You can always switch back again once your VM email is up and running.

As an aside, it does not hurt to have a backup email address, it's easy enough to set up a Gmail account. https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@emmanmartin wrote:

Hi Tim,

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately is says " Your mailbox isn't available at the moment"

Well there's two different things colliding here.

he blue screen is being caused by a cookie issue.  When you open an incognito Window, your browser ignores any cookies it has.

So the first thing I'd suggest is going into your browser settings and removing any cookies linked to mail2.virginmedia.com

HOWEVER

The latter message suggests the mailbox might be locked.  Although I have sometimes gotten this message and then gotten in after refreshing the page.  So try logging in after clearing cookies and then if you still get the Mailbox unavailable message, come back here and the Forum Team will have a look for you.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It still says it's not available at the moment. I tried live chat but they didn't help.

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The Forum Team will assist.  Keep an eye on this thread.

In the meantime, if you need access try using a Mail Client such as Mozilla Thunderbird (All you should need to set it up is your email address and password - It'll auto config most of the settings).

Tim

Hi @emmanmartin

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. How are you getting on today? Are you still unable to access your mail?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs