cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is VM Webmail struggling?

EG1
Up to speed

If I access my emails via VM Webmail recently on a win10 PC it’s very slow to respond.

Emails take a while to load up, trying to reply to any brings up a Compose screen and a whirling icon, but that just spins. I end up with a load of draft messages that I struggle to delete. If lucky enough to get past that stage it sometimes struggles to send.  

And occasionally can’t connect to server problem messages appear.

emails work fine via iPad/iPhone but sometimes I need to use desktop for better formatting of replies. 

This has started in last 24 hours. Is there a central issue? 

16 REPLIES 16

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the Service Status page show any issues in your area?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

It doesn’t. But I saw that as more general broadband connection issues. My broadband is fine on other devices and the desktop, other than when trying to use VM webmail. I didn’t think that would show on service status. And no issues are reported anyway. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to help further; be aware it can take them a few hours or days to respond, though it is usually the former.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey EG1,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your email account, I have looked into this and there is currently a fault with our webmail service that is being investigated, we hope to have this resolved soon, the current estimated fix time for this issue is Monday 30th at 9am but we hope to be able to get it resolved sooner. 

Kind Regards,

Steven

Thanks, it did seem to recover OK. Is a Webmail issue like that likely to be flagged anywhere n the site / under Service Status perhaps so we are aware?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@EG1 The fault did eventually get listed on the service status page on 1 Feb.  It was also added as a sticky post here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Known-Issue-Email-Disruption-F010434911/td-p/5244530/jump...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

The email issues should now be fully resolved over the weekend, are you still having issues with the service right now?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hi, sorry I didn't see this message a few weeks back and all had been restored.

But today the VM webmail seems to be out of action. I cant get the site / appsuite online to load up. Service Status says Broadband may be down, but I dont have that issue, all is working, this and other sites can be accessed - apart from VM web mail. Any news on how long it'll be out? Will the Service Status page be updated?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey EG1, thanks for all the posts and replies.

Sorry to see you've been affected by an issue that had an impact to our email account access, we've checked our systems and found this outage is being worked on and our latest estimate for fixing the problems is today at 6pm.

For more information and updates please visit our service status page here, we're also here to assist further with any questions or concerns.

Could you please kindly confirm what error you get when trying to access your emails and if it works from another browser or device, just to be sure?

Please, check again today after 6pm as well and let us know if the problems have been resolved after this time.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs