cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ipad NTLWorld emails send only issues !

GaryQ
Dialled in

My Iphone is still sending and receiving ntl emails with the ntlworld server 

New Ipad is receiving emails under the ntl server but will not send any. I have tried as suggested with the new virginmedia server setting but this does not work. 

So at the moment I just cannot get my ipad to send any ntlword emails. 

I have not seen anything posted other than use the virginmedia settings. 

Hopefully somebody has the answer - thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi GaryQ, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and letting us know that the iPad is still having the issue. 

As this is working on other devices, it confirms that the account is functioning as it should be so this is a settings issue. 

I would remove the email account from the iPad again and start from scratch using these server settings

If you're still having an issue on the iPad, it would be best to refer to Apple or you can also get help from our Gadget Rescue team. You can find out more information regarding them here

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Dinger
On our wavelength
Go to Settings, mail, click on your email address and the outgoing mail server settings should be:
smtp.ntlworld.com. Make sure you click on done when finished.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GaryQ 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear you're having issues with sending ntlworld emails from your iPad. 

Has the troubleshooting steps that @Dinger has kindly posted helped resolve your issue? 

If so, If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Thank you for your help @Dinger and Carly_S

Unfortunately this has not resolved the situation. The ipad response is cannot send mail. The sender address was invalid.

Incoming fine but outgoing cannot send anything from my NTL email. 

Again, both work fine from my iphone.

Any other suggestions please?

Hi GaryQ, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and letting us know that the iPad is still having the issue. 

As this is working on other devices, it confirms that the account is functioning as it should be so this is a settings issue. 

I would remove the email account from the iPad again and start from scratch using these server settings

If you're still having an issue on the iPad, it would be best to refer to Apple or you can also get help from our Gadget Rescue team. You can find out more information regarding them here

Keep us posted on how things go. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Many thank Kath_F,

This has worked, solution was to delete email account and use the Virgin media settings as advised.

Thank you

GaryQ

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dinger wrote:
Go to Settings, mail, click on your email address and the outgoing mail server settings should be:
smtp.ntlworld.com. Make sure you click on done when finished.

@Dinger smtp.ntlworld.com is not in VM's recommended settings anymore.  All accounts should use smtp.virginmedia.com Port 465 SSL with Authentication set to password.

I appreciate that the OP has fixed his problem, but just putting the correct settings out there for anyone else who comes accross this thread.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

👍

Thanks for the update on the Virgin Media forums @GaryQ. 👋🏼

I'm glad the advice given by my colleague has assisted.
Always reach out to us on here and our team will assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team