cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intrusive/unneeded popups

mickelodeon
On our wavelength

Recently I have been composing e-mails, 'popups' appear: The most frequent states "! An unknown error occurred", the secon states "Error 502" and (also frequent) one telling me - mid-message - that my e-mail has been saved, when I have no need od such action. wth is going on? Michael (Nickelodeon). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If error 502 persists then post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team as this is usually an issue that needs to be fixed on the server.

The process of automatically saving an email during its composition should not be disruptive, i.e.message shown in lower right corner of composition window as highlighted below:

2023-01-26.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If error 502 persists then post back here to have issue flagged to the forum team as this is usually an issue that needs to be fixed on the server.

The process of automatically saving an email during its composition should not be disruptive, i.e.message shown in lower right corner of composition window as highlighted below:

2023-01-26.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the information, but I do not see the need to for saving e-mails as they are being composed, as it would be easy to repeat, if necessary. The 'Save' button option for use when e-mail composition is interrupted, is useful at the point of interruption, but automatic saving is not required and there should be an option to cancel the automatic saving process - which could be construed as 'dodgy'. Apologies for the typos in my first garbled message, which I did not check. 

Hi mickelodeon

Sorry to hear of the email issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We're happy to look into this further for you and I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you.

Rob