Menu
luddite0
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Insert image using webmail on a tablet

When using webmail, mail.virginmedia.com on iOS on an iPad or andriod on a tablet, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, the insert image icon (far right on the tool bar after bold and italic, lists, format, font ... insert link - chain - insert image - mountain and sun), clicking on the icon does nothing on an HTML email. Clicking on any other icon works and creates a pop up if appropriate. Insert link produces a dialogue for text and URL. You'd expect insert image to produce a dialogue like Attachments (Take a Photo or Video, Photo Library, Browse) but nothing happens. If you double click on insert image it takes you to take a Photo or Video but there is no way to get to Photo Library nor Browse. (I suppose you could print the image then take a photo of it! :-) (Insert Image differs from Attachments in that as well as attaching the image it includes it inline in the text.) Now, the workaround is to cut and paste the image in to the text. So if the function works, why doesn't the insert image icon work? (On Firefox on Windoze, clicking on the insert image icon creates an explorer dialogue to select an image.) If there is some restriction (why if insert link, Attachments, cut and paste work?) why is the icon displayed? Failing that why isn't it documented?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Insert image using webmail on a tablet

Hi luddite0,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Is this being done through a web browser or an app? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N 

May I respectfully ask that you read the original post.  All the questions you ask are in there.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@luddite0 wrote:
When using webmail, mail.virginmedia.com on iOS on an iPad or andriod on a tablet, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, the insert image icon (far right on the tool bar after bold and italic, lists, format, font ... insert link - chain - insert image - mountain and sun), clicking on the icon does nothing on an HTML email.…

@Martin_N wrote:

Is this being done through a web browser or an app?

FYI: Issue can be reproduced in iOS when highlighted button is selected 2019-05-12.jpegin webmail.

Highlighted
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We have also been able to replicate the same issue so it has been raised to our support teams.

When I hear more I will let you know.

Thanks,

Dave_DW

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Kev_B - Can I suggest that rather than leaving this hanging indefinitely, that VM set a date to review this issue and check on progress?

I'm mindful of the fact that Liberty Global have still not resolved an issue whereby when you hit a mailto: link when webmail does not open a compose window.

You really need to keep a handle on issues rather than promising "We'll let you know when we get a response."

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.