cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming emails not arriving

GlynF_Macc
Tuning in

Hi Guys,

On Friday last week i stopped receiving emails. I had purchased some tickets and was expecting them to arrive? I have sent emails from other accounts and receive messages d=saying that they have been delivered? I changed my password last week but as I have logged in to the account on both my phone and through the virgin site tis can not be the issue? Can any one help please!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlynF_Macc wrote:

Can any one help please!

The first thing to do is to sign in to your email account via the Virgin Media website and follow steps 1 to 4 in the image below. See if any "Filter rules" or an "Autoforward" have been set up to divert incoming emails away from your Inbox.

filter rules steps.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlynF_Macc wrote:

Can any one help please!

The first thing to do is to sign in to your email account via the Virgin Media website and follow steps 1 to 4 in the image below. See if any "Filter rules" or an "Autoforward" have been set up to divert incoming emails away from your Inbox.

filter rules steps.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Thank you very much, looks like my mail had been hacked and was been re-directed to another email address.

I know it's now working within seconds i received spam. lol

Cheers.

Hi GlynF_Macc

Sorry to hear of the issues with your email account, we appreciate you raising this with us via the forums and welcome back to the community!

Have you been able to follow the advice offered by coenoby and resolve the issue? Please let us know.

Rob

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@GlynF_Macc wrote:

Thank you very much, looks like my mail had been hacked and was been re-directed to another email address.

It's good that you have found the problem. However, now you must secure the account to stop the hacker regaining control. just changing the password is not enough I'm afraid.

Follow all the steps set out here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-mail-my-email-has-been-hacked  That is a matter of urgency I'm afraid because hackers do not usually give up at the first set back! 😉

Coenoby