cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccessible Webmail

jonathan47
Tuning in

Since the last Windows update I have been getting a message saying there is an error when downloading messages. Most of my email accounts appear to work satisfactorily, but one email account shows no new messages. I have tried to access webmail, but it is not available to me and the message tells me to make a telephone call. Working my way through the telephone system to speak to someone just results in a recorded message saying there is a fault. I assume that the fault is a phone fault because at this point in the call there has been no mention of email.

Can anyone help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jonathan47, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let me know things are resolved and you've been able to access your mailboxes again. 

If you have any further issues when changing the passwords again, please let me know. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jonathan47 wrote:

I have tried to access webmail, but it is not available to me and the message tells me to make a telephone call.

Can anyone help please?

Try following the advice here to unlock your VM email account https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema... 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi jonathan47, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the mailbox and this is not the experience we want you to have. Can you click on the link provided by coenoby and let us know if this resolves the issue?. If this does not resolve the issue for you then please let us know so that this can be looked into further ^Chris

Thanks Chris,

The problem is getting worse, or more likely I'm making a mess of it. I have four email accounts and have tried to update all my passwords, but I have ended up locking myself out of some of them and I have four messages in one inbox telling me I have changed my password. Any help you can offer would be really appraciated.

John

Hi John, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

The emails about the change in password will usually go the the Primary address for security so nothing to worry about there. In terms of getting your access sorted, we will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Jonathan47, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message to let me know things are resolved and you've been able to access your mailboxes again. 

If you have any further issues when changing the passwords again, please let me know. 

Take care and enjoy your weekend 🙂 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team