cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted can't send emails

sheran1961
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm suddenly unable to send emails, and this error message has popped up.

An unknown error has occurred.

Subject ''
Server Error: 421
Server Response: 421 csmtp3.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net cmsmtp Sorry your IP is active in our local abuse blacklist. Contact Virgin Media abusedesk for delisting requests.
Server: 'smtp.virgin.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC67
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

I've checked my IP on MXtoolbox and it's only blacklisted with SORBS DUHL and Spamhaus ZEN which Virgin has said is normal and shouldn't cause any problems with sending emails.

When I go to the abuse desk page there is nowhere to request my IP being delisted or anywhere else to ask for help. 

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks

44 REPLIES 44

I don't seem to be able to send emails from this account on either the PC or my phone.

Thanks Lee_R

The error message I am getting now is different to the one yesterday, it did refer to the Virgin Media abusedesk but this one states

too much bad emails have been sent. Visit https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport Section: Email Sending Errors to request delisting.

The grammar suggests a non-english speaker so I am reluctant to visit the webpage.

Hi LindaSell,

Thank you for popping back .

I'm just going to pop you over a PM now so I can take some more details and look into this further for you.

Please do look out for my message over at the purple envelope

Many thanks

Beth

Beth

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The link https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ is actually a long standing reporting page used by Virgin Media for a wide variety of issues.  It is definitely a genuine page.

I do take on board what you've said about the grammar in the error message though.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi LindaSell,

Thanks for confirming the requested details with me over PM.

I have now sent off a request to the relevant team and asked for them to remove the IP from the blacklist.

As soon as I have an update on this for you I will let you know.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth