cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP stopped working

whitebake
Tuning in

I've got 3 email addresses set up in my VM account. All 3 IMAP to my phone, laptop, and another PC.

Today one of those addresses starting giving me a "password error" on all of my devices. All of the other virginmedia.com addresses work fine on those devices with the same IMAP settings.

Changed the password on the trouble account and tried to sync all my devices again with the new password but still getting the password error.

Help?

7 REPLIES 7

whitebake
Tuning in

Looking at the state of the boards it seems it's not just me.

I did manage to connect eventually by downloading a different mail client, but then this morning even that has kicked me out again.

whitebake
Tuning in

If there's a fix why don't virgin just make it public instead of creeping around everyones inbox? Judging by the absolute state of the threads on here there are several people missing out on whatever button it is you are pressing back there

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @whitebake.

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

Your posts/replies have been merged into one place so we can help you.

Are you currently unable to access your emails? If so I can help you with this.

Please can you tell me if you are the account holder for the account? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

This is fixed after allowing a delay of an hour for password changes to take effect, and not the 10 minutes being advised by VM on these boards.

Thanks for the update @whitebake and glad to hear you are now able to access these. 

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No thanks at all to VM.

Posted my issue on Thursday. Not even a response until Saturday. 

Luckily I found the fix by complete chance. Still managed to waste nearly a whole day of my life going round in full circles on the website help pages and the phones. Spoiler - if anyone's looking for a "support for emails that wont send" button on the web help, there isn't one. 

Scripted apologies are wasted here.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @whitebake,

This is a community forum - whilst we do aim to respond to posts as early as we can we are not always first responders and can take a couple of days to get through to newer posts. 

For any immediate help our phone lines are open 8am - 8pm on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a VM phone) where are faults team can assist when needed.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide