cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP password not accepted, web mailbox unavailable

Pongo
On our wavelength

For the past three days I can't update my email in Outlook because the imap.virginmedia.com password request endlessly pops up.

If I go to Virgin webmail, I get the message "Your mailbox is not available at the moment.", etc.

I have not received any service warning emails or similar. What is going on and how do i restore my email service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to access email account, malware letter

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi Pongo, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with accessing your mails currently. 

Please follow the instructions in the thread that 用心棒 has linked you to. If you are still having an issue after completing these, pop an update here to let us know and we can go from there. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs